Monday, March 8, 2010

Betty White on SNL


Betty White fans(me being one of them) are very excited to know that she will be on Saturday Night Live. It was announced at Elton Johns annual Oscars viewing party on Saturday night. Fans have been wanting her to do this for quite some time. A Facebook page was used to attract half a million fans after seeing Betty on a Snickers commercial during the Super Bowl. PEOPLE aske dher if she would be on SNL, she simply said yes. " I don't know why or how, but it's been wonderful" she says. Betty didn't give any details about the show, it's been rumored that the show will be a special "Women of Comedy" with former SNL members Molly Shannon, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but producer Lorne Michaels denied it.


I'm excited about this! I know this isn't a very important current event but I feel it's important to post this. My reasoning is that it's not as easy for women for to be comedians as it is for men. Betty White is a legend, not many women make it as far as she has. She's been doing this for years. I'm surprised that she hasn't been on SNL before. The time has come.

here's the article http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/08/betty.white.comfirms.snl.ppl/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

No comments:

Post a Comment